Augmented Reality Public Art
ART IN PUBLIC PLACES: MIAMI | FLORIDA | 2016
LAPSE is an experiential, augmented reality installation presented by our client Ivan Toth Depeña, sponsored by Miami-Dade County Art in Public Places & the Knight Foundation, that takes you on a journey throughout Miami. Using your mobile device and its camera, you will uncover hidden, virtual art experiences that range from augmented sounds to words to visuals. A quick scroll through the app will explain how to find project sites.
Lapse consists of six interwoven components spread across Miami, and accessed via the Lapse mobile app:
- The Visions, two public murals that weave 2D and 3D elements together
- The Sounds, a GPS-based audio soundscape discoverable on Miami’s downtown MetroMover
- The Writings, a virtual prose experience in Museum Park
- The Sculpture, an augmented experience triggered by a public sculpture at the Aventura Library
- The Moment, a site-specific exhibition at Locust Projects’ space in the Miami Design District
- The Collective, a series of contributed art pieces accessed wherever The Collective stickers have been guerilla stamped.